Mid-America Combined Training AssociationHeritage Park Open Schooling/ Schooling Show Release
Please Note- If you plan to school cross country Saturday and show on Sunday- include BOTH DATES on your liability waver.
Boots with heels, helmets with chin harness, protective vests and medical armbands or medical ID bracelets must be worn and are REQUIRED whenever mounted.
WarningInherent Risks of Domestic Animal Activities
Under Kansas law, there is no liability for an injury to or the death of a participant in domestic animal activities resulting from the inherent risks of domestic animal activities, pursuant to K.S.A. 60-4001 through 60-4004. You are assuming the risk of participating in this domestic animal activity. Inherent risks of domestic animal activities include, but shall not be limited to:
1. The propensity of a domestic animal to behave in ways, i.e. running, bucking, biting, kicking, shying, stumbling, rearing, falling, or stepping on that may result in death of persons on or around them;
2. The unpredictability of domestic animal’s reaction to such things as sounds, sudden movement of unfamiliar objects, persons or other animals;
3. Certain hazards such as surface and subsurface conditions;
4. Collisions with other animals or objects; and
5. The potential danger of participant to act in a negligent manner that may contribute to injury to the participant or others, such as fatality to maintain control over the domestic animal or not acting within such participant’s ability.
I have read the above warning statement and understand the nature of the inherent risks of this domestic animal activity (“Activity”). I also understand and have been fully made aware that this is a high-risk sport that could result in catastrophic injury, paralysis, and death and further understand that I am participating at my own risk. If at any time I believe or suspect that the conditions at the premises are hazardous or unsafe I will immediately cease all further participation in the Activity. I hereby accept and assume all risks associated with my participation in the Activity and further accept and assume all responsibility, financial and otherwise, for any losses, costs or damages arising out of my participation in the Activity.
In consideration of my participation in the Activity, I hereby release, discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Mid-America Combined Training association (MACTA), MACTA volunteers, Johnson County Parks and Recreation District, Johnson County, and the City of Olathe and its employees (the Releases), from any liability, claims, losses or damages arising out of, or in any way connected with, my participation in the Activity, including those caused, or alleged to be caused, in whole or in part, by the acts or ommissions of any of the Releasees from any and all litigation expenses, attorneys fees, losses, damages or judgements arising out of any claim based on, or in any way related to, my participation in the Activity that result in accidents, damage, injury or illness to myself and to my property, including the horse or horseses which I ride.
Print Rider’s Name:
*Parent or Guardian must sign for riders under 18, no trainers may sign for students
If you have questions about the contents of this document, you can email the document owner.
Document Name: Liability Waiver
Agree & Sign